Sunday, September 30, 2012

My First College Experience.


Full classes. Double-digit wait lists. Filled over to capacity. My chances of attending college exactly slim to none...

I applied to school at the last minutes which pushed my registration date til the very end. My assessment test was 3 weeks before school started and I had no way to pay for classes even if I got into any.

I was scared to go to college to say the least. 

“Where am I going to get the money for school?”
"How do you apply for financial aid?"
"Is it too late?"
“Can I afford the books?” 
"Can I even get into any classes?"
"How am I going to change my work scheduled to fit around school?"

All these questions swarming around in head as I was going through WebAdvisor looking for classes. The process was rather straightforward. I first had to select which semester I would like to enroll in then gave me a list of different subjects Southwestern has to offer. It even allow you to specify it even more to which days you would like to attend each class.

Luckily through hard work and determination I made it into all of my core classes, but some classes I couldn't get into because of work and time issues.

But I’m glad that I went through all of these issues. I believe it’s an experience I had to go through in order to get into college because I learn from it and maybe someday your experience will help other feel not as confused as I once did.

6 comments:

  1. i feel you bro. im only enrolled to 2 classes right now. i don't know if it's a bad thing or not cause it's my first year but it's still better than just staying at home doing nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word. Everyone should experience something stressful like this at least once. I know i did too .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone has different experience of colleges. Before the first semester started, I asked my friend tons of questions about registering classes, buying books, and etc because I was so nervous. It is normal for first year students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same thing happened to me for my first semester, EVERYTHING was full and so I just took the first semester off and relaxed the whole time. When I finally got classes second semester, it was tight because I was able to see how things work and maybe help others that need it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds very familiar hahah.
    I went through the same thing Arj! Good thing it worked out for both of us and now we know better for next semester :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rj...I am glad that you were added late into the Bayan LC. You are a great asset to this link. You have persevered and are almost done with your first semester of your college career! I am proud of you. I hope you are proud of your accomplishments too.

    ReplyDelete